2010年7月4日 星期日

ESL Podcast 595 – Suffering from Allergies

Victor: Oh, doctor, you’ve got to help me!

Doctor: Try to relax. What seems to be the problem?

Victor: I’m sneezing all the time, and my eyes are itchy and watery.

Doctor: Tilt your head back so I can take a look at your nasal passages. You’re very congested.

Victor: My sinuses are killing me! I have headaches all the time and nothing I do seems to help.

Doctor: What is this on your skin?

Victor: I don’t know. I’ve had red spots all over my body.

Doctor: They look like hives to me. Are you experiencing any shortness of breath?

Victor: Well, my chest feels constricted and it’s hard to breathe.

Doctor: I think you may be experiencing a severe allergy attack. I’m going to refer you to an allergist. What were you doing right before you started experiencing these symptoms?

Victor: I started my first job.

Doctor: That could be your problem.

Victor: I knew it! I’m allergic to work!

===================================================================

allergy /'ælɚdʒɪ/ 【醫】過敏症 ; 【口】厭惡,反感
sneeze 打噴嚏
watery 水的;似水的;含水的;水分很多的
tilt /tɪlt/ (使)傾斜,傾側
nasal /'nezḷ/ 鼻的;與鼻子相關的
congested 充血的;黏液阻塞的
sinus 靜脈竇
hives【醫】蕁麻疹
shortness of breath 呼吸短促/氣喘
chest 胸部;胸膛
constricted 狹隘的;受限制的
breathe /brið/ 呼吸
severe /sə'vɪr/ 極為惡劣的;十分嚴重的
allergist 過敏症專科醫師
allergic(對…)變態反應的,變應的,過敏的

沒有留言:

張貼留言